Pages

Monday 29 October 2018

Scillies and Cornwall 2018 - Days 5 to 10

Hasten to add that days 5 to 10 for our trip were not exciting as the first 4.  On Monday we visited Tresco which happened to be one of my least favourite islands but after walking round a few areas I had never visited before with a further visit on Thursday, my opinions may have altered......







Tuesday and Wednesday was spent pottering around St Mary's.  Birds included Long Eared Owl, 2 Richard's Pipits, a few Yellow-Browed Warblers, a dodgy looking Snipe, Jack Snipe, Stonechats, Black Redstarts, Rosey Starling, Water Pipit, Rustic Bunting, Dusky Warbler and my second ever Serin.  If I had a Scilly list I would have also added Great White Egret, Cattle Egret and Spoonbills - but I don't have one.





One of my enduring memories from the trip was views of Samson, an Island I have not yet managed to visit.



On our last day we took a quick  walk to Old Town, saw a Merlin, had a coffee at the Old Town CafĂ© and then took the Scillonian back to the mainland.  We opted for a night in Penzance and before heading home on Saturday decided to take in the Choughs round the Lands End area - a perfect way to end the holiday.