Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Shetlands Day 3 - 07/10/2013

This was meant to be the day we were to fly to Fair Isle and to keep a long story short, after spending most of the day sitting at Tingwall Airport, the flights were eventually cancelled due to bad weather.

Eastern Olivaceous Warbler - Honest!!
Shetland Wildlife were again very efficient in organising alternative accommodation for us all for the night and on our way to our new hotel(s), we again tried for the Eastern Olivaceous Warbler.  This time the three of us in the group who had not yet seen it obtained good views and I managed to take the world's worst photo of one.  One of the enduring memories I will have of this holiday was seeing two of my trip companions "chest-bumping" in celebration that I had finally connected with the bird.

The good news for me was that my new hotel had a Valhalla Ale on tap but cannot remember which one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.