Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

Lunchtime sightings

After picking my bike up from being serviced at lunch time, I decided that another stroll down by the river was needed.

I was immediately rewarded before I even reached tree cover by an extremely loud Nuthatch singing away in a tree not that far from the main road, but could not see it for fear of being knocked over. As I entered the welcome shade of the blossom and emerging leaves, I caught a flash of red and caught site of a gorgeous Bullfinch as it flew away from me. In the branches above were two Long Tailed Tits and I was accompanied down the path by a Robin. The area was full of bird song, many Wrens and Blackbirds staking out their territories.

On my way back to the office, I heard two Chiff Chaff and two Blackcaps, the yaffle of a Green Woodpecker and saw a fleeting glimpse of a Jay. Just in that 5 minute stroll, I clocked up a healthy 20 + species heard or seen - not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.