Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

Birdless week

After what has seemed like an infuriating long week, I am so glad it is the weekend again with a forecast of easterlies which could see me jumping into the car again and heading that way.

My plans for the weekend have kept on changing, what with the Terek Sandpiper possibly luring me up north, but disappearing and then the Great Reed Warbler tempting me to travel south but disappearing and the Baillons Crake just out of reach and too far for me.  I like the idea of seeing new birds but the travelling and twitching element I do find a bit dull but fully understand the lure of such an activity.  What would be ideal is for something to appear on my doorstep but then I do live in Warwickshire.

Skylark
So, this week, I had to contend with some local birding.  First off myself and Daniel potted over to Draycote on Tuesday in the hope of finding some Black Tern but the low front we were hoping for never turned up and unfortunately Draycote was a bit like a desert.  Then last night I headed up to the local Steppe (as we like to call it) with part time birding companion, Mike and mooched around there watching the local Skylarks, Yellow Wagtails and Mipits.  Not much else was in the area except for a couple of Ravens, a distant Cuckoo,  a Lapwing and a Sparrowhawk dashing through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.