Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

Grimley and a Great White Egret

This morning in a bid to enlarge my year list, myself and my birder's wife decided to take a visit to Grimley to see if we could find the Great White Egret who has been residing there for about a week now.

As the site was new to me, I was not too sure where to go but once parked up safely, we wandered to a nearby gate which gave us a view of the ponds and soon saw distant views of the GW Egret which was busy fishing on the edge of the northern most pond.



As we were watching the bird, we became aware of a bird calling from the field behind us and decided to investigate.  Nothing was too obvious but I decided to just check the top of a dead tree and came across a Little Owl.  I rushed to put up my scope but alas was too late as he decided to fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.