Pages

Saturday 23 June 2012

Bird free day in the Cotwolds - Almost

Myself and my birder's wife had family business to attend to in the Cotswolds today.  However, I took along my bins and telescope just in case.

As we pulled away from our first destination a brown owl shape flapped across the road, it could not have been anything other than a Tawny, the first I have seen for a couple of years and in broad daylight as well (it must have been disturbed big time by something).

The day progressed without any further birding incidents and on the way home we took a detour to Hawling  to see if we could hear any Quails, alas no, as the weather had again turned for the worse.  However, I cannot complain, a Tawny is always worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.